Join us on Fri 15 & Sat 16 October 2021 for two evenings of classical piano with Ronan Magill. Please note there is a different concert programme each evening – prepare to be blown away !
This former winner of the British International Piano Competition for Contemporary Music returns to Tincleton for two candlelight concerts, details below. As the Tincleton audience will know Ronan Magill was the last pupil of Benjamin Britten and has for the last decade lived for much of the time in Tokyo. However he pilgrimaged to Britain periodically, including an annual visit to play in this gorgeously elegant and intimate venue at Tincleton. This year he will be playing a different selection on each of the two nights he is with us . Come along for two thrilling evenings.
Friday 15th October
Scarlatti Sonata In E major K 162
Bach Prelude and Fugue C# major BWV 848
1st book of Well Tempered Clavier
Mozart Duport Variations K 573
Beethoven. Sonata No.30 in E major Op.109
Scriabin Sonate-Fantaisie No.2 Op.19
Chopin Nocturne In E flat Op.9 No.2
Chopin Étude In F major Op.10 No.8
Chopin Ballade No.1 In G minor Op.23
Saturday 16th October (Note : this programme has been revised as of Mon 11-Oct-21)
Mozart Sonata In C major K330
Schubert 4 Impromptus Op.90 D 899
1) In C major
2) In E flat major
3) In G flat major
4) In A flat major
Erik Satie Gymnopédie No.1 & Gnossienne No.1
Beethoven Sonata No.23 In F minor Op.57
Andante con moto-Allegro ma non troppo-Presto
Special terms : due to Covid-19 will apply, approximately as follows, though we reserve the right to update them:
– Pre booking and prepayment only. All guests must give contact etc details.
– Seating will be allocated by us in advance. We will flex exact mix depending on demand and any constraints. Ask quickly if you have a larger party.
– We will give refunds if we need to cancel the concert for whatever reason. We will not refund if you need to cancel as that would disadvantage the musician(s), unless we can resell your seat.
– You must respect our Covid social distancing requirements, which will in turn comply with Government requirements. For the time being this means that no particular restrictions are anticipated unless Covid restrictions are reintroduced by Government.
– As usual drinks & nibbles will be served, but exactly how and where will depend on the weather.
– All concerts start playing at 8pm. Please arrive after 7:30pm.
– Tickets £15 each.
– To order tickets please email Tincleton Gallery or call Tincleton Gallery on 01305 848909