Join us at Tincleton Gallery on Fri 19 & Sat 20 November 2021 for jazz with John Law – Songs Without Words
John Law (“One of the UK’s most imaginative and versatile jazz pianists” International Piano Magazine 2014) returns to Tincleton to present a broad spectrum of his solo piano compositions, from earlier to more recent works, with the emphasis on melody. Although having worked very rarely with singers and actual words, John will be exploring the singing tone of the beautiful old Steinway at Tincleton, built in an age where good piano playing was considered an extension of the voice. Coupled with that, he’ll also be playing a number of very rhythmical compositions, with all the drive associated with jazz. And finally there’ll also be a couple of well known tunes in spontaneous arrangements….
Special terms : due to Covid-19 will apply, approximately as follows, though we reserve the right to update them:
– Pre booking and prepayment only. All guests must give contact etc details.
– Seating will be allocated by us in advance. We will flex exact mix depending on demand and any constraints. Ask quickly if you have a larger party.
– We will give refunds if we need to cancel the concert for whatever reason. We will not refund if you need to cancel as that would disadvantage the musician(s), unless we can resell your seat.
– You must respect our Covid social distancing requirements, which will in turn comply with Government requirements. For the time being this means that no particular restrictions are anticipated unless Covid restrictions are reintroduced by Government.
– As usual drinks & nibbles will be served, but exactly how and where will depend on the weather.
– All concerts start playing at 8pm. Please arrive after 7:30pm.
– Tickets £15 each.
– To order tickets please email Tincleton Gallery or call Tincleton Gallery on 01305 848909