Fri 15 March : “Clarinet Marmalade”
Following the success of last year’s performance, reeds player Trevor Whiting joins Mike Denham at the piano for an evening of duets.
Trevor is one of the finest clarinettists on the UK jazz scene and, not surprisingly, he is first choice for several London-based ensembles. However, Trevor lives in Dorset and describes Tincleton Gallery as one of his favourite venues. Expect to hear this reflected in his playing as he and Mike explore the repertoire from Sidney Bechet to Benny Goodman, with several stops between.
Different programme this year, same great music!
Sat 16 March : “Ragtime meets Boogie” – solos and duets
International blues and boogie woogie star Julian Phillips joins ragtime expert Mike Denham to explore these two remarkable, contrasting piano styles which emerged alongside one another in the early 20th Century. Julian has a great reputation for his wide and varied repertoire, playing in a truly authentic way. He appears at festivals around Europe and the USA alongside other top performers in the genre.
The combination has been very well-received at other venues, large and small:
“We absolutely loved the gig”
“I was seriously impressed by the quality of the performance”
“Those boys made that Steinway bounce!”
Special terms : introduced due to Covid-19 may apply, approximately as follows, though we reserve the right to update them if Covid starts up again:
– Pre booking and prepayment only. All guests must give contact etc details.
– Seating may be allocated by us in advance. We may flex exact mix depending on demand and any constraints. Ask quickly if you have a larger party.
– We will give refunds if we need to cancel the concert for whatever reason. We will not refund if you need to cancel as that would disadvantage the musician(s), unless we can resell your seat.
– You must respect our Covid social distancing requirements, which will in turn comply with Government requirements. For the time being this means that no particular restrictions are anticipated unless Covid restrictions are reintroduced by Government.
– As usual drinks & nibbles will be served, but exactly how and where will depend on the weather.
– All concerts start playing at 8pm. Please arrive after 7:30pm.
– Tickets £15 each.
– To order tickets please email Tincleton Gallery or call Tincleton Gallery on 01305 848909