This concert will be performed by Francesca Maria Villani who is travelling to Tincleton from Bari in Italy.
The concert programme is not yet finalised but will include :
Scarlatti : Sonata K32, and Sonata K.87;
J. Brahms : Klavierstucke op 76;
M.Ravel : Parade.
Francesca Maria Villani was born in Manduria, in the south of Italy in 1999, and she started playing the piano when she was five. She graduated with full marks and honors from the Conservatoire “Nino Rota”, in Monopoli with Professor C. Gallo in 2018 and the she studied with Aquiles delle Vigne during a biennal course. She has played Schumann’s Konzerstuck op 92 and Beethoven’s Concerto n 2 op 19 with the Conservatoire’s orchestra. She was selected by the Conservatoire to play the Goldberg Variations at Radar Theater in Monopoli.
She won the first prize at London Grand Prize Virtuoso, and she was selected to play at the awards gala at Royal Albert Hall in December 2016. She has given recitals for concert seasons and festivals throughout Italy. She partecipated at ‘ A due voci’ festival, a series of concerts in Como about music and philosophy promoted in the field of the Journée mondiale de la philosophie sponsored by UNESCO in November 2021 and on that occasion she gave a concert lesson on the Goldberg Variations and Berg Sonata op 1. Among other activities she attended the biennal course with A. Delle Vigne. She has Master’s degree in Philosophy at University of Bari. Her studies focus on the analysis of some vocal works of Sofija Gubajdulina and the writing of Helene Cixous. Currently she is a PhD student in Bari, and her studies focus on the relationship between music and Gender Studies.
Special terms : introduced due to Covid-19 may apply, approximately as follows, though we reserve the right to update them if Covid starts up again:
– Pre booking and prepayment only. All guests must give contact etc details.
– Seating may be allocated by us in advance. We may flex exact mix depending on demand and any constraints. Ask quickly if you have a larger party.
– We will give refunds if we need to cancel the concert for whatever reason. We will not refund if you need to cancel as that would disadvantage the musician(s), unless we can resell your seat.
– You must respect our Covid social distancing requirements, which will in turn comply with Government requirements. For the time being this means that no particular restrictions are anticipated unless Covid restrictions are reintroduced by Government.
– As usual drinks & nibbles will be served, but exactly how and where will depend on the weather.
– All concerts start playing at 8pm. Please arrive after 7:30pm.
– Tickets £15 each.
– To order tickets please email Tincleton Gallery or call Tincleton Gallery on 01305 848909