Paris born jazz singer Véronique Joly started performing live at the age of 17 and paid her dues on the capital’s music scene before moving to London in 1992. In the 10 years she was in London, she studied classical vocal technique, formed an artists’ collective, wrote and performed several multimedia theatre pieces and sang at many of the capital’s music venues. She has been involved in many diverse projects including co-writing and recording a song for the BBC programme Rick Stein: French Odyssey.
For these concerts she will be performing an evening of Bossa Nova jazz, paying tribute to the iconic Getz/Gilberto album and presenting some lesser known songs from the genre. Véronique will be singing in English, French and Portuguese.
Guitarist Rob Palmer has worked with pianist John Law, saxophonists Jon Lloyd and Theo Travis, vibes player Roger Beaujolais and many others. He also co runs the SoundCellar jazz club in Poole.
Special terms : due to Covid-19 may apply, approximately as follows, though we reserve the right to update them if this all starts up again:
– Pre booking and prepayment only. All guests must give contact etc details.
– Seating may be allocated by us in advance. We may flex exact mix depending on demand and any constraints. Ask quickly if you have a larger party.
– We will give refunds if we need to cancel the concert for whatever reason. We will not refund if you need to cancel as that would disadvantage the musician(s), unless we can resell your seat.
– You must respect our Covid social distancing requirements, which will in turn comply with Government requirements. For the time being this means that no particular restrictions are anticipated unless Covid restrictions are reintroduced by Government.
– As usual drinks & nibbles will be served, but exactly how and where will depend on the weather.
– All concerts start playing at 8pm. Please arrive after 7:30pm.
– Tickets £15 each.
– To order tickets please email Tincleton Gallery or call Tincleton Gallery on 01305 848909