Join us for this pre-Christmas solo piano treat from Duncan Honeybourne.
Duncan Honeybourne enjoys a diverse profile as a pianist and in music education. Following his concerto debuts at Symphony Hall, Birmingham, and the National Concert Hall, Dublin, he made recital debuts in London, Paris, and at international festivals in Belgium and Switzerland. Commended by International Piano magazine for his “glittering performances”, he has toured extensively in the UK, Ireland and Europe as soloist and chamber musician, appearing at many major venues and leading festivals. He has broadcast for over 20 years on BBC Radio 3 and more than 20 radio networks worldwide, including French, Swiss and Austrian Radio, ABC (Australia) and Radio New Zealand. Duncan has premiered over 70 new piano works and his many recordings reflect his long association with 20th and 21st century British piano music.
He teaches at the Royal Academy of Music Junior Academy, the University of Southampton and Sherborne School, and is Founder/Artistic Director of the Weymouth Lunchtime Chamber Concerts near his home in Dorset. (see www.duncanhoneybourne.com )
Duncan previously wrote to me “Definitely I will include some music by William Baines, a Yorkshire composer who died 100 years ago this autumn aged 23 of TB and was an extraordinarily individual, unique composer. I have recorded a disc of his music for the Divine Art label which is coming out in October to mark the centenary.” and he has now firmed up the full programme as :
(1797-1828) – Drei Klavierstucke, D946
(1899-1922) – Tides
I. The Lone Wreck
II. Goodnight to Flamboro
(1797-1828) – Impromptu in G flat, D.899 no.3
Percy Aldridge GRAINGER
(1882-1961) – The Sussex Mummers’ Christmas Carol
(1810-1849) – Sonata in B minor, op.58
I. Allegro maestoso
II. Scherzo: Molto vivace
IV. Finale: Presto non tanto
Special terms : due to Covid-19 will apply, approximately as follows, though we reserve the right to update them:
– Pre booking and prepayment only. All guests must give contact etc details.
– Seating will be allocated by us in advance. We will flex exact mix depending on demand and any constraints. Ask quickly if you have a larger party.
– We will give refunds if we need to cancel the concert for whatever reason. We will not refund if you need to cancel as that would disadvantage the musician(s), unless we can resell your seat.
– You must respect our Covid social distancing requirements, which will in turn comply with Government requirements. For the time being this means that no particular restrictions are anticipated unless Covid restrictions are reintroduced by Government.
– As usual drinks & nibbles will be served, but exactly how and where will depend on the weather.
– All concerts start playing at 8pm. Please arrive after 7:30pm.
– Tickets £15 each.
– To order tickets please email Tincleton Gallery or call Tincleton Gallery on 01305 848909